If you’re experiencing hair loss and hair thinning, it’s important to first find out why it’s happening and then address the situation properly. Don’t do a bunch of stuff to your hair and scalp without knowing what’s going on. The solution lies with the reason for your hair loss.
Having said that, none of these suggestions to prevent hair loss will harm you or make it worse, so they’re all worth a try.
* Lower Your Stress – If you’re under a lot of stress, it’s important to find a way to eliminate that stress. Whether it’s relationship stress, work stress, or something else, identify it and find a way to work on it. You may need to find a different job, you may need to seek counseling, or something else. It’s important to be realistic about which stress you can lower, though. Maybe you just need a new way to deal with the stress if it’s unavoidable.
* Eat Right and Exercise – Nutrition plays a huge role in the health of your skin and hair. If you’re not eating the right micronutrients, you can suffer problems. For example, not having enough iron, protein, and B vitamins can cause hair loss. The best diet to follow depends on your personal nutritional needs, but the Mediterranean diet is the one most likely to fill all your needs.
* Learn to Meditate – Lowering stress, better digestion, and being more mindful can all play into helping you avoid more hair loss if it’s due to any of these issues. Even if it doesn’t help, it can give you a better frame of mind so that you can deal with the problems associated with your hair loss without more emotional damage.
* Stop Over-Styling – If you’re losing your hair due to over-styling, this is a good reason to stop. Try not to use a hot iron more than two or three times a week. Try to avoid chemicals too. Some people develop chemical allergies that get worse each time they are exposed to the chemical, so it’s important if you’re suffering from hair loss to cut down on the chemicals and rough treatment and focus on being as natural as possible instead.
* Get Regular Scalp Massages – The hair grows at the follicles at the root. By massaging, you can bring important blood to the scalp and encourage more growth. But, it does depend on your type of hair loss. However, a scalp massage, even if you’re losing hair, will not make it worse and it feels nice.
* Take Needed Supplements – If you are losing hair due to a nutritional imbalance, take the supplements that you need to ensure that you are at the right levels. You know if you’re eating right or not, so it’s important to check your diet too and then supplement as needed.
* Use the Right Products – The type of products you should use on your hair depends on the type of hair you have and the reasons for your hair loss. It can help to talk to a professional about it at an upscale salon. Remember, if you go to an upscale salon you may only need to go once or twice a year depending on your type of hair.
* Wash Hair Regularly – Many people with hair loss issues tend to not wash their hair because that’s when they see it falling out. But, the truth is, keeping your scalp clean is important and shampoo is not going to make your hair fall out unless you’re having an allergic reaction. Try washing your hair at least three times a week and wash at the scalp more than the hair.
These steps can prevent extra hair loss, although they will not stop it completely unless you’ve discovered the reason for your hair loss is over-styling or lack of proper nutrition.